About Monard Law
Monard Law is one of the larger independent law firms in Belgium, with a strong local base.
We work with a heart for our clients. We want to advise them in every possible way, to assist them and to relieve them of all their cares. Of course, we know our profession like no other, but we are more: we are a companion on the road, thinking along with the client, looking ahead, guiding and inspiring. We always go the extra mile and work thoroughly, quickly and honestly towards a practical solution. And we always think of the client first.
For our employees, we want to be a home, where they can grow and do business freely, without being left to their own devices. A place where they can connect their talents and passions with colleagues and customers. A place where one can talk and listen, learn and help, where one can inspire and flourish.
Monard Law wants to be a super nice place, where you like to be and where you are always welcome. A place that makes you even better.
Due to our growing activities, we are looking for a (senior) associate to join our Corporate Team in Brussels.
About the job
"Do what you love" is one of the sayings of our mission statement. We are looking for lawyers who are passionate about financial law.
You will have the opportunity to work for a broad spectrum of clients ranging from real estate developers to investors, and more broadly larger (family) companies in very diverse sectors that call upon Monard Law's expertise in the context of M&A.
And this is what we have to offer:
- Handling of files from A to Z - the compact team allows for greater responsibility
- Assisting clients in their M&A, including due diligence and drafting and negotiating agreements
- You are responsible for the operational part of the financing of your clients (banks, large players in the contracting and real estate world, etc.): project financing as well as credit agreements, drafting of security packages, etc.
- Offering constructive, pragmatic solutions in which you think creatively and outside the box with your client in order to offer him/her substantial added value
- Ensuring clear communication with clients and building good relationships with them
- Helping to build the Monard Law of the future
- Master's degree in law
- 4+ years of work experience in transactional finance
- Entrepreneurial type, solution-oriented and pragmatic
- Sense of humour
- You have a good feel for the client and are proactive in asking questions in order to define the client's needs
- Good language skills (Dutch, French, English)
We are looking for lawyers with this profile for our Brussels office.
Avenue de Tervuren, 270
Tel. +32 (0)2 234 67 10