Monard Law BrusselsTervurenlaan 270
Tel. +32 (0)2/234 67 10
Fax. +32 (0)2/280 47 79
Who is Sébastien Verva?
Sébastien Verva is Associate Partner in the practice area of commercial law of our law firm.
His activities are mainly focused on matters in commercial and economic law and he specializes in distribution law, French-Belgian in particular.
His experience covers:
· Distribution law (concession, license and franchise contracts, and commercial leases), and establishment of Belgian and European distribution networks;
· General commercial and economic law (general conditions and terms of sale, sales/purchase contracts, transfer of goodwill) and business law;
· Market practices (advertising law, consumer law, improper contractual clauses, unfair competition and pertaining prohibitary injunctions…), and competition law;
· Intellectual property law (copyright, trade mark right, and patent rights) ;
· Risk evaluation, and out of court dispute settlement, in particular by mediation;
· Treatment of commercial disputes in court.
He holds a university degree in French private law (Université Lille II, France, 2000), and is also a licentiate in Belgian law (Université Libre de Bruxelles, 2002).
He holds a French diploma of specialized higher studies in new technology law (DESS, Université Lille II, France, 2001), and also obtained a Master’s degree in fiscal administration from the Solvay Business School (Solvay, 2004).
Sébastien Verva is a member of the Brussels bar. He joined Monard Law in 2003. Within our law firm he is responsible for the "French Desk", supporting French clients in matters concerning French-Belgian law. The French Desk is constituted by a team of specialized bilingual lawyers.
Since 2003, Sébastien is member of the French-Belgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Brussels and the French-Belgian Chamber of Commerce of Northern France
Dutch, French, English
- Dispute Resolution, Arbitration, Mediation
- IP, TMT (technology, media, telecom)