Monard Law BrusselsTervurenlaan 270
Tel. +32 (0)2/234 67 10
Fax. +32 (0)2/280 47 79
Who is Sébastien Verva?
Sébastien Verva is associate partner of Monard Law’s commercial practice. He is accredited by the Federal Mediation Commission as a mediator in civil, commercial, and social matters.
Because of his vast experience in working with French clients and his French nationality, he heads up the French Desk at Monard Law and assists French clients in Franco-Belgian legal issues: https://www.frenchdesk.monardlaw.be/ . The Monard Law French Desk is made up of a team of specialized, bilingual lawyers.
Sébastien is one of the directors of the Franco-Belgian Chamber of Commerce of the North of France, and he has been an active member of the CCI France Belgique (Franco-Belgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry) in Brussels since 2003.
Sébastien focuses mainly on matters relating to commercial law and economic law and is specialized in distribution law, especially Franco-Belgian distribution.
His experience covers:
· Distribution law (concession, license and franchise contracts, and commercial leases), and establishment of Belgian and European distribution networks;
· General commercial and economic law (general terms and conditions of sale, sales/purchase contracts, business transfers) and business law;
· Market practices (advertising law, consumer law, unfair contract terms, unfair competition and injunction actions relating to it…), and competition law;
· Intellectual property law (copyright, trademarks, and patents);
· Data protection and privacy;
· Risk assessment and out-of-court dispute resolution, especially mediation;
· Handling commercial litigation before the courts;
· Alternative dispute resolution methods (ICC International Court of Arbitration in Paris/ Mediation);
Sébastien holds a Master of Laws in French private law (University of Lille (Lille 2 University of Law and Health), France, 2000) and is also a licentiate in Belgian law (Université libre de Bruxelles, 2002).
He has followed a DESS course on new technology law (University of Lille (Lille 2 University of law and Health), 2001) and holds a Master in Finance & Tax Management from Solvay Business School (Solvay, 2004).
In 2018, he completed intensive training at Trialogues that qualified him to become an accredited mediator of the Federal Mediation Commission.
He is a member of the Brussels Bar since 2003.
Dutch, French, English
- Dispute Resolution, Arbitration, Mediation
- IP, TMT (technology, media, telecom)