We are here to help you
At Monard Law you will find specialists in many fields of law. They work closely together across all domains because a case is not limited to one discipline.
Expert medical lawyers provide advice and assist in legal proceedings in matters of:
- hospital legislation (the structure of the hospital and the statute governing the services of hospital physicians, mergers and cooperative partnerships, hospital financing, etc.);
- Medical Liability Law (compromise settlement and court proceedings following medical errors, the use of medical aids and equipment, the medical accident fund etc.);
- Pharmaceutical Law (the prescription drug laws, the law on medical aids and equipment, registration, distribution, clinical trials, human body parts, etc.);
- NIHDI legislation (nomenclature, procedures of the NIHDI service, medical evaluation and inspection, reference amounts etc.);
- medical ethics (procedures of the Belgian Order of Physicians, the Belgian Order of Pharmacists, etc.);
- status of the health care provider (accreditation, professional title, professional confidentiality etc.);
- status of the patient (the patient rights law, the medical file, informed consent, abortion, IVF, euthanasia, privacy, etc.);
- cooperative partnerships (contractual relationship with the care institution, cooperation amongst physicians, etc.);
- Administrative Law (public procurements, PPP, accreditation dossiers, "Conseil d'Etat" (France's highest administrative court) proceedings, Constitutional Court, etc.);
- privacy and e-health (electronic medical file, privacy rules etc.).