Daan De Jaeger
Monard Law BrusselsTervurenlaan 270
Tel. +32 (0)2/234 67 10
Fax. +32 (0)2/280 47 79
Who is Daan De Jaeger?
Daan De Jaeger advises and litigates in the following areas :
- distribution law (concession agreements, commercial leasing agreements, license agreements, franchising), set-up Belgian and European distribution networks;
- intellectual property law (trademark, license, copyright, as well as authors’ contracts and license agreements);
- commercial practices (advertising law, product conditioning, …) and competition law;
- general commercial and economic law (terms of sale, sale and purchase agreements), transfer of business, product responsibility, company law.
He represents international fashion houses, manufacturers of luxury products and automobiles manufacturers in matters related to Belgian and European law. He also advises business companies on setting-up, managing and restructuring Belgian and European distribution networks.
Daan De Jaeger holds a Law degree (Antwerp University 1989, Cum Laude), a Master of Management (F.I.M., 1990) and also a degree in Market and Marketing Policy (Rijksuniversiteit Utrecht, 1989). He started his career with Aimé De Caluwé at the law firm “De Caluwé, T’Kint, Putzeys, Van Fraeyenhoven”. In 1999, he joined the law firm “Elegis, Buyle, Dieryck, Maingain” where he became partner specialized in distribution and intellectual property law matters. Since August 1st, 2007 he is partner at the law firm Monard Law Brussels.
He lectures and publishes regularly on matters relating to commercial and economic law. He is a member of the Brussels bar, the International League of Competition Law, the Benelux Association for Intellectual Property.
Dutch, French, German, English
- Dispute Resolution, Arbitration, Mediation
- IP, TMT (technology, media, telecom)